|Top Reviews: Audi TT Aston Martin DB5 Lexus IS Mazda CX-7 Audi A6 Alfa Romeo 147 Maserati Ghibli|
Citroen has been always notable for satisfying the needs of multiple customer groups, starting from businessmen and finishing with housewives. Nonetheless, the DS4 model is purely a premium car with ambitions of a SUV and performance of a sedan. In sober fact, this is an elegant 5-door hatchback with a coupe-like silhouette. What’s so special about it? Let’s find it out from the latest Citroen DS4 review.
The key fingerprint of the DS4 is raised suspension that gives the chassis a SUV-like framing. On turns, the front fog lamps with an extended arc of lighting are swinging to the needed side to promote for the maximum illumination in narrow backstreets. The latest facelift has added LED headlamps, upgraded rearview mirrors, alloy wheels, a new rear spoiler, enlarged tail lamps and wheel arches.
The other peculiarity of the model is rear door handles, hidden within the frame. This creates an illusion of a two-door body. The doors offer narrow opening and stupefy by the impossibility to adjust the windows, since they are fixed in place. Luckily, an extra-wide windshield ensures the best road view for the driver; besides, panoramic glass adds to the sense of spaciousness.
Interior & Infotainment
Irrespective of the compact dimensions (4.27x1.81x1.53 m), this hatch offers enough room for all the occupants. The backseats can welcome middle-sized adults, while the driver’s seat boasts high waist inherent to crossovers. The boot’s capacity equals to 385 liters; yet, when the backseats are folded, it might be enlarged to 1021 liters. The access to the trunk is realized via a separate door.
Along with the boot, the cabin is equipped with multiple storage sections: a glove box with backlight & cooling, cup-holders on the central stack, door pockets, and other niches throughout the saloon. Top modifications come with leather trim, although soundproofing materials have been incorporated even in base versions. In order to minimize external noise inside, Citroen designers added soundproofing membrane to the windshield, special coating to the engine section as well as sealers to the chassis panels.
The infotainment system includes a strip of LEDs along the windscreen frame, USB ports, 12V socket, 230V socket (depending on the trim), 6-speaker audio supporting RDS/MP3/CD (Hi-Fi Denon with 8 speakers, amplifier, subwoofer and equalizer – optionally). Additionally, the car teases climate control system with 3 working modes and cruise control. The latter limits the speed, depending on the road conditions, and then maintains it without the need to accelerate or brake.
To proceed with Citroen DS4 review, even the base versions of the model come with a rich pack of safety facilities. Among them are: ABS & ESP system, electronic braking distribution, 6 airbags, blind areas assist. The latter enables a bright indicator on the right/left mirror when there is a vehicle in the blind area. This option is quite useful when you change the lanes.
Powertrain & Trims
Citroen DS4 is available in three trim levels: DSport, DStyle and DSign. All of them are differentiated by some interior and powertrain specifications. Upon the whole, there are 11 different packages:
- 1.6-liter VTi Chic MT, petrol, 5-speed manual transmission, 120 horsepower, front-wheel drive;
- 1.6 VTi Be Chic MT, petrol, 5-speed manual transmission, 120 horsepower, front-wheel drive;
- 1.6-liter VTi So Chic MT, petrol, 5-speed manual transmission, 120 horsepower, front-wheel drive;
- 1.6-liter THP Chic AT, petrol, 6-speed automatic transmission, 150 horsepower, front-wheel drive;
- 1.6-liter THP Be Chic AT, petrol, 6-speed automatic transmission, 150 horsepower, front-wheel drive;
- 1.6-liter Electro Shot AT, petrol, 6-speed automatic transmission, 150 horsepower, front-wheel drive;
- 1.6-liter THP So Chic AT, petrol, 6-speed automatic transmission, 150 horsepower, front-wheel drive;
- 1.6-liter THP Sport Chic AT, petrol, 6-speed automatic transmission, 150 horsepower, front-wheel drive;
- 1.6-liter THP 200 Sport Chic AT, petrol, 6-speed manual transmission, 200 horsepower, front-wheel drive;
- 2.0-liter HDi So Chic AT, diesel, 6-speed automatic transmission, 163 horsepower, front-wheel drive;
- 2.0-liter HDi Sport Chic AT, diesel, 6-speed automatic transmission, 163 horsepower, front-wheel drive.
Popular Citroen Models:Popular Brands: